[MaraDNS list] Deadwood timing out on lookup

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 04:48:05 EDT 2011

It should also work fine with Deadwood 2.3.07; Jakob Blomer of CERN
laboratories (yes, the same CERN the invented the world wide web and
HTTP, and yes the same CERN that helps make my current Linux
distribution of choice, Scientific Linux) added a feature called
deliver_all which fixes the exact same issue you saw with a
non-recursive configuration of Deadwood:

http://woodlane.webconquest.com/pipermail/list/2009-October/000458.html

http://maradns.org/deadwood/tiny/deadwood-2.3.07.tar.bz2

Alas, I had to disable this feature in Deadwood.  But, yes, I'll see
what I can do to fix this--a month from now.

- Sam