[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS authoritative and recursive config issue

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:42:10 EDT 2011

> My Deadwood configuration file is:

[snip]
> bind_address="127.0.0.1, 192.168.88.3"
> root_servers={}
> root_servers["home.lan."]="192.168.88.4"
> root_servers["."]="198.41.0.4,"
[snip rest of ICANN root servers]
> upstream_servers={}
[Note: no other use of upstream_servers]

Thanks for the report.  The issue here may be that combinations of
root_servers and upstream_servers have some issues.  What may also
work for Domenico is to use Deadwood 2.3 (which has really good
upstream_servers support, but no root_servers support) instead of
Deadwood 3.0.

There appear to be two different bugs with Deadwood 3's upstream_servers:

* upstream_servers has issues if one of the upstream servers gives us
a SERVER FAIL

* There may be problems in Deadwood configurations where both
upstream_servers and root_servers are used.

I will look in to these issues on September 5 (sooner if I can get
sponsorship to fix these bugs).