[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS funding update

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:40:45 EST 2011

Last month's funding drive gave me enough money to devote my time off
during the Thanksgiving week to improve Deadwood's handling of CNAME
records, as well as allowing Deadwood's to accurately wait less before
giving up on an unresponsive DNS server.

Right now, I have enough funds left over to be able to provide basic
bug-fix support for MaraDNS and Deadwood on the mailing list for three
and a half months. In other words, if I get non-security bug reports
or other significant support requests every month, my funding will dry
out in mid-March.

I currently do not have enough funding to implement split horizon or
any other new features. If these features are desirable, please send
me a private email and we can discuss rates.