[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS 1.3.07.13 and MaraDNS 1.4.09 released

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 17:41:33 EST 2011

Looking closely at the patch I applied yesterday, I realized that it
has a couple of problems:

* Instead of the hash randomization having 24 bits of entropy, it only
had 2 to 5 bits of entropy

* The hash randomization would sometimes not do a good job of
randomizing the hash buckets chosen, slowing down MaraDNS' performance

This in mind, I have release MaraDNS 1.3.07.13 and MaraDNS 1.4.09
today with both of these issues fixed.  The hash randomization now has
31 bits of entropy, and the hash does a fairly good job of choosing a
random hash bucket again.

Done:

* I have replaced the secret_hash patch with a better "better_hash"
patch: http://maradns.org/download/patches/maradns-1.3-better_hash.patch

* I have replaced 1.3.07.12 and 1.4.08 with 1.3.07.13 and 1.4.09

* I am informing the mailing list of this update

Still to do (later on tonight or tomorrow):

* Make the Windows version of MaraDNS 1.4.09

* Upload 1.4.09 to Sourceforge

* Update the MaraDNS security page

* Update the MaraDNS blog