Nameserver issues

Shaan shaanlumley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 09:16:23 EST 2011

Hi Remco

Thanks for the reply.

Where I'm getting confused is, is how do I get ns1.example.com and ns2 to be
the nameservers for the domain?

The domain is with namecheap, where I have the A record pointing to
#.#.#.50, and I have registered the nameservers at namecheap, with ns1
pointing to #.#.#.50 and ns2 pointing to #.#.#.51.

I've added the required entry in mararc to point to the db file, and in the
db file I just have

ns1.example.com. NS #.#.#.50
ns2.example.com. NS #.#.#.51

Is that all that needs to be done or am I still missing something?

Thanks!