Going backwards?

Yarin yarin at warpmail.net
Mon Jan 31 14:06:09 EST 2011

Forgive me for my ignorance if I'm making a stupid mistake, but, what happened to the version numbers?
Just recently MaraDNS 1.4.06 came out as a recommended update, and has been posted as the current stable release on the official download page,
but just last month, version 2.0.01 was the current stable release. Why did we go, backwards?
I also noticed that the previous version 2 was authoritive only bundled with Deadwood, as of course that's the whole idea behind version 2. But the new version 1.4 again has recursive support (by default even), but is still bundled with Deadwood.
What's happening here?

Yarin