[MaraDNS list] Discussion: Putting ads on the MaraDNS web page

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 02:13:24 EDT 2011

In order to ensure MaraDNS' continued maintenance and support, I am
looking ways to get a little bit of revenue from the MaraDNS codebase.
 One way I can do this is by adding unintrusive text-only to
MaraDNS.org.  I have already made the modifications to the web page
design to accommodate the ads, and a prototype of the revised design
is here:

http://maradns.com/

(I registered this domain back when I registered MaraDNS.org to stop
cyber-squatters from grabbing it; I have, after over a decade, finally
made the domain active)

I would like to get feedback from the community of MaraDNS users about
what they think of having text-only ads on the web site before placing
these changes on MaraDNS.org.  What do people think of the ads?  If
ads can not work, can people think of other more effective
monetization strategies for MaraDNS?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,