[MaraDNS list] Patches

Nicholas Bamber nicholas at periapt.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 13:35:49 EDT 2011

On 15/07/11 17:42, Sam Trenholme wrote:
> On second thought, it is not a serious issue.  Yarin's functionality is
> only documented in the Deadwood version of Duende, so you're only
> breaking undocumented features in the MaraDNS version of Duende.

Thanks. That removes one task from the todo list.

> If you feel like documenting it, doc/en/source/duende.ej is the file to
> edit.  The format is described in doc/en/source/ej.doc.format

The first problem is that until Debian has caught up (and the patches
can be rationalized) even contemplating editing the source documentation
is more hassle then it is worth.
At the moment when I make changes to the docs I merely patch the man
pages. The web pages are distributed as well but are not patched.

To be in a position where we build the documentation from the .ej files
is a small task in itself. For a start it needs to generate man pages
that do not require further patching. At the moment there are two
systemic issues:

1.) Some of the hyphens in the man pages get flagged up by the QA tools
as needing to be changed to '\-'. I don't know enough about roff to be
sure what the problem is. The title line is the one bit that gets hit by
this every time.
2.) Some of the syntax lines do not have sufficiently rich formatting. I
have added that in directly into the man pages.

I send you the modified man page for duende.