[MaraDNS list] How to compile MaraDNS 2.0 in Windows

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Jul 21 20:16:23 EDT 2011

At 00:51 20/07/2011, Sam Trenholme wrote:
>Since JFC has made a generous MaraDNS contribution, in addition to making a
>release of MaraDNS 1.0 which is current with regard to security (and
>compiled in CentOS/SL6), I have also made a document describing how to
>compile MaraDNS 2.0 in Winows 7, which follows.
>
>Hopefully JFC will continue his donations.  If I get another donation from
>JFC in the same amount in August, I will do the following:
>
>* Add a document describing how to compile MaraDNS 1.4 in Windows
>* Update MaraDNS 1.2 to be current w.r.t. security and compile in SL6
>* Add full MaraDNS support to the Linux distribution of JFC's choice
>available at http://wiki.openvz.org/Download/template/precreated
>
>==How to compile MaraDNS 2.0 in Windows==
>
>The way I compile this program in Windows 7 is with MinGW-3.4.2 and
>MSYS-1.0.10.  These programs are available at the following locations:
>
>ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/misc/ (MinGW 3.4.2)
>http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/MSYS-1.0.10.exe?download
>http://samiam.org/software (both)
>
>These are both simple "I agree", "Next", "I agree", "Install"-type
>click-to-install packages. Install MinGW *before* installing MSYS so the
>MSYS installer can find MinGW; be sure to put MinGW in C:\ so the MSYS
>installer can find it.
>
>1. Download the latest MaraDNS 2.0.XX version of MaraDNS.
>2. Put MaraDNS-2.0.XX.tar.bz2 in your MSYS home directory (which is
>something like C:\MSYS\1.0\Home\Your name\)
>3. Enter MSYS by double-clicking on the blue "M" icon which should
>be on your desktop.
>3. Then enter these UNIX commands:
>
>tar xvjf MaraDNS-2.0.XX.tar.bz2
>cd MaraDNS-2.0.XX/
>./configure; make
>
>At this point you should have a server/maradns.exe and a tools/askmara.exe

thank you ! I will look at this this WE.

1. what about cigwin ? Is the compiled exe not more complete.
2. could you not talk about Deadwood in your own terms (this is for
simple comprehensive note to teachers). So, previous versions are
less urgent (but you know better)?
3. probably the most interesting Linux brand in that context is Unbuntu.

Thank you and best regards.
JFC