[MaraDNS list] How to compile MaraDNS 2.0 in Windows

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:47:34 EDT 2011

> 1. what about cigwin ? Is the compiled exe not more complete.

Yes, MaraDNS should compile and run in Cygwin.  I know that both
MaraDNS and Deadwood have been compiled in Cygwin.

> 2. could you not talk about Deadwood in your own terms (this is for simple
> comprehensive note to teachers). So, previous versions are less urgent (but
> you know better)?

If I understand you correctly: I can reword the document not to use
the second person, if this is what you wish.

In order of priority:

* Deadwood 3 (since this code is still fairly new, I'm still ironing
out bugs in it)
* MaraDNS 2
* MaraDNS 1.4 (the recursive code is no longer supported)
* MaraDNS 1.3
* Deadwood 2.3
* MaraDNS 1.0 (end of life, but I may update critical security bugs)
* MaraDNS 1.2 (end of life, but I may update critical security bugs)

> 3. probably the most interesting Linux brand in that context is Unbuntu.

Do you prefer Ubuntu 10.04 (Long-term support) or Ubuntu 11.04?