[MaraDNS list] Latest Deadwood 3.0.03

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 14:20:10 EDT 2011

Also a bug on my side -- I should, ideally, consider an incomplete last
line one that has finished then and there.  Also, I accidentally
forgot to include "mkSecretTxt.exe" with the first upload of Deadwood
3.0.03, forcing me to upload it again.

MaraDNS has a fairly similar bug: If there is a parse error in the
zone file, MaraDNS will immediately stop parsing that zone file and
move on to the next zone file.  In reality, sometimes it's better that
this is fatal for MaraDNS as a whole so that a parse error in a zone
file doesn't result in NXDOMAINs ("this host does not exist") getting
cached across the internet.

Of course, what would be really idea is that, if MaraDNS gets a parse
error, to discard that record, move on to the next '~', and start
parsing records again.  But, quite frankly, the csv2 parsing code is
fairly messy at this point so I am a little reluctant adding features
to it.

Note to self: Do not implement a finite state machine as raw C code;
indeed in Deadwood the FSM parser (for reading dwood3rc) reads the
machine definition from a string in the Deadwood.exe file.  Next time,
I may be more sensible and do what every other C coder does:  Use a
combination of Flex/YACC/Lex/Bison.

- Sam