[MaraDNS list] How to compile MaraDNS 2.0 in Windows

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 15:14:31 EDT 2011

> My intent is to motivate current young users (developers school, open source
> clubs). Ubuntu 11.04 is what we get as a CD right now. Do you feel there are
> instability issues ?

The issues I've seen with Ubuntu 11.04 is that:

* Some old-times don't like the new interface (such old times, in my
humble opinion, should be using Scientific Linux 6, which has just
about the same interface as Ubunto 10.04 and will be fully supported
until late 2017)

* Ubuntu 10.04 is a long term release--this means that it is supported
until April 2013 (desktop) and April 2015 (server).  Ubuntu 11.04 is
only going to be supported upstream until October 2012 or so.

* It's a newer release, trying out new technologies such as the Unity
interface.  One reviewer mentioned that it's "beta quality" [1].

Personally, my plan would be to support Ubuntu 10.04 this month, then,
if the donations continue, I will begin work on adding Ubuntu 11.04
support.

Nicholas Bamber has been doing a lot of work getting MaraDNS 1.4 to be
part of a well-behaved Debian package so I'll end up integrating a lot
of his work in to MaraDNS 2.0 making it play nicely with Ubuntu 10.04.
 His hard work makes it easier for me to port MaraDNS 2.0 to Ubuntu.

- Sam

[1] http://agxa.vk.tj To preview this link: http://preview.agxa.vk.tj/