[MaraDNS list] ID mismatch/SERVFAIL errors on my new deadwood

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 16:26:47 EDT 2011

Unbound's advantage is that their developers are being paid to work on
Unbound.  This is why Unbound has all kinds of cool things
MaraDNS/Deadwood doesn't have: EDNS, DNSSEC, etc.  On the other hand,
Unbound is a lot bigger than Deadwood; for some embedded environments
this is important.  The best tool for the best job and all that.

Deadwood uses the following root servers.  I have started Deadwood
three times with an empty cache; all three times I have gotten a
SERVFAIL, followed by the correct answer.

What root servers are you using?  Can you consistently reproduce this?
 And, oh, which version of Deadwood are you using?