dig fails on zone transfer

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 21:52:46 EDT 2011

Thank you for the bug report.  The correct response to a AXFR is for
the UDP server to send out a "truncated" reply, so that a TCP request
is made for the zone transfer.

This may be why there are issues transferring zones with Microsoft's DNS server.

The next scheduled day for MaraDNS bug fixing is April 18, 2011 (about
three weeks from today).  I will look at this bug and address it on
that day.

More information on MaraDNS development schedule is here:

http://maradns.org/blog/

- Sam