[MaraDNS list] syntax and wildcards

Mike Sands MSands at EPLUS.com
Thu May 19 11:41:52 EDT 2011

Disregard figured out its just a standard A record.

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at maradns.org [mailto:list-bounces at maradns.org] On Behalf Of Mike Sands
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:29 AM
To: MaraDNS support mailing list
Subject: [MaraDNS list] syntax and wildcards

I'm having a bit of trouble with finding the right syntax to set up a default record for a zone. I've been able to get it partially working

I want to respond to requests for 'example.com' with the address for 'www.example.com'

Using the wildcard record I've been able to get it to respond for requests that don't exist in the db file like
'no-record.example.com' but not when a user requests just 'example.com'

Is there a better way to do this or is my syntax just wrong?

This is an example of what I have in my db file.

www.%  +86400                   A       10.1.10.10 ~
*.%    +86400                   A       10.1.10.10 ~