[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS 1.4.07 released

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 12:22:40 EST 2011

Nick,

Here is the changelog (I updated it when I released 2.0.04):

maradns-2.0.04:

This is a stable release of MaraDNS.

        AngelD's issue with zone transfers when there are a lot of
FQDN4 records fixed.

        Karim's issue with '/read' directive fixed

    (2011.11.12)

maradns-1.4.07:

This is a legacy release of MaraDNS. All patches are backports of
MaraDNS 2.0 bug fixes.

        A typo fix for fetchzone

        AXFR-over-UDP packets are now correctly marked "truncated"

        It is now possible to have the '/' in hostnames

        Fix for Debian bug #607739: Hostname shown when complaining about
DDIP issues

        AngelD's issue with zone transfers when there are a lot of
FQDN4 records fixed.

        Karim's issue with '/read' directive fixed

    (2011.11.11)

Source: http://maradns.org/changelog.html

You can also look in the "update/" folder to see all of the patches
that update a given version of MaraDNS and Deadwood.  All MaraDNS and
Deadwood updates are done by running a script that patches against the
source code and makes any other changes to the code; this script is
also included in the update directory.

For example, MaraDNS 1.4.07 updates are in update/1.4.07/ in the 1.4.07 tarball.

I am hoping we can get people to move up from MaraDNS 1 to MaraDNS 2
-- the MaraDNS 1 recursive resolver works, but by the time I
shoehorned everything in to the resolver to get it to work, the code
was so messy as to be nigh-to-unmaintainable.