[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS 1.4.07 released

Nicholas Bamber nicholas at periapt.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 18:14:12 EST 2011

Sam,
	Thanks for this. I have now uploaded 1.4.07-1 to Debian. I should say
something about why deadwood in Debian is taking so long.

	As is normal for Debian, the package tries to install maradns in some
sort of working state but also to respect any changes that the installer
subsequently makes to the config files. This is a Debian feature
requiring specific scripting for that package.

	Unfortunately the implementation for maradns is imperfect. I need to
rewrite that bit from scratch to accommodate deadwood. So my plan is to
distrbute the deadwood version to the rarely used experimental branch of
Debian, but on the understanding that anyone using it has to manage
their own config files - at the very least for deadwood. Then in
1.4.07-2 I will fix the configuration issue. Then finally I will merge
deadwood into the main line.