[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS Recursive question

Phil Harlow phil.harlow at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 07:06:37 EST 2011

Hello,
\
First let me start by saying thank you for making maradns! And thanks
for any help! It would be greatly appreciated!

I would like to accomplish this:

http://blog.mixu.net/2009/10/14/how-to-setup-a-lan-dns-server-using-maradns-under-windows-7/

I want to forward all dns requests to opendns, except for a certain
url, which I'd like to relocate.

I can get the single address relocation part to work I believe, using
askmara, but I can't get the recursive part to work. All i get for
askmara Agoogle.com. is REFUSED.

In that old tutorial they say to use:

upstream_servers = {}
upstream_servers["."] = "8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4"

To supply the default dns. But the last and recent comment says
"Upstream_servers no longer supported". Is this true?

Is there still a way I can accomplish this? I'm on win7 x64 ultimate.
I've tried giving maradns.exe admin privileges, trying the
"8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4" part with spaces, no commas, and I can't get it to
work. Sometimes maradns just closes and I have no time to read any
output if any.

Here's my current marac file just to help:

hide_disclaimer = "YES"
ipv4_bind_addresses = "127.0.0.1"
timestamp_type = 2
random_seed_file = "secret.txt"
csv2 = {}
csv2["apple.com."] = "db.lan.txt"
upstream_servers = {}
upstream_servers["."] = "8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4"

Thanks for any and all help!!

-Phil Harlow