[MaraDNS list] A moment of silence for Steve Jobs

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 6 14:53:59 EDT 2011

Quoting Sam Trenholme (strenholme.usenet at gmail.com):

> I would like to have a moment of silence for Steve Jobs' passing yesterday.

Thanks, Sam.  I knew the man (passingly) back in the Homebrew Computer
Club days, and it's a shock to know of his death.

> While I personally don't use any Apple products, I have great
> admiration for Steve Jobs' accomplishments and am greatly saddened at
> him leaving us so young.  My favorite accomplishment of his is
> bringing UNIX to the desktop via Mac OS X.

You mean, via NeXTStep.  ;->  (I was a very longtime devotee of NeXTStep,
which was delightful and elegant, especially before it got the slick
candy-coated makeover to make it resemble MacOS and re-brand it as OS X.)