[MaraDNS list] Deadwood update

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 22:51:11 EDT 2011

I am slowly but surely going through the bugs people have been
reporting on the list:

* Steve Fatula reported that Deadwood was returning SERVER FAILs on
his system. I was and still am unable to reproduce this bug. In an
attempt to reproduce this concern, I have created a SQA test that
simulates one of the two upstream servers giving out a SERVER FAIL
error; this test did not reproduce the condition Steve reported. I am
closing this bug as "unreproducible".

* Domenico Rotondi reported having issues when both root_servers and
upstream_servers are set in a dwood3rc file. I have created a SQA test
to use both of these settings in the same Deadwood configuration file;
the tests appear to be able to reproduce this problem; I will
investigate further in a month.

* Angel reported that some records were lost when transferring a zone.
I have not had a chance to look at this yet. Hopefully next month.

It can be downloaded here:

http://www.maradns.org/deadwood/snap/

The next day I plan to work on MaraDNS/Deadwood is one month from
today: October 5, 2011.