[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS now has funding

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:05:26 EDT 2012

> Sun, 1 Apr 2012 20:17:07 -0400 от Sam Trenholme <maradns at gmail.com>:
[...]
> May be you include fast and secure NTP, DayTime and Time protocol support
> as part of the MaraDNS and DeadWood. ?

I agree that these are important things to have, but I have to get
approval from my funding source before I can start implementing it.
Unfortunately, said source is very very eccentric. They only approve
new requisitions on the day of April 1.

Next April 1, I will let you know what other features this funding
source will let us have.  Actually, come to think of it, this funding
source will allow new features to be added if requested by people from
Spain or Latin America on December 28. [1]

Personally, I hope this funding source also lets us have DHCP
integration; I've heard that the source to dnsmasq is pretty messy.

- Sam

[1] It's fitting that Spain and Latin America use the feast day for
the Massacre of the Innocents as their prank day, since the Massacre
of the Innocents itself never happened; I discuss that on my blog at
http://bcd2.vk.tj [2]

[2] vk.tj is not a link shortening service.  It's my own link shortening domain.

[3] The secret to a good April Fools joke is to think "wouldn't it be
great if" and then make up something plausible sounding from that.

[4] In all seriousness, it would take $50,000 for me to implement
DNSSEC for Deadwood using an external library for the underlying
crypto primitives (probably LibTomCrypt).