[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS 2.0.05 released

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 02:08:30 EST 2012

> Something I've been wondering, are you aware of any Linux distributions that
> offer MaraDNS 2.* instead of 1.4.* ?

Nicholas Bamber has worked really hard and has updated the Debian
package to use MaraDNS 2:

http://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/maradns

> Are there any special things one should be aware of when upgrading an
> existing installation to the 2.* series?

The big thing to keep in mind when updating from 1.x to 2.0.05 is that
MaraDNS and Deadwood can not use the same IP.  MaraDNS only serves
local (authoritative) records; all recursion (records on other
machines) is handled by Deadwood.

I have some hints on updating from MaraDNS 1.x to 2.0 here:

http://maradns.org/tutorial/update.html#2.0