[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS 2.0.05 released

Nicholas Bamber nicholas at periapt.co.uk
Sun Feb 12 05:51:30 EST 2012

Remmy,
	Yes I am the maintainer for maradns on Debian. At the moment if you
just keep doing 'apt-get upgrade' you will never get out of the 1.4.x
series on Debian. (On Ubuntu they messed up the version numbers but the
same is true).

	The 2.x series is packaged however. To get it you have to add
"experimental" to souces in '/etc/apt/sources.list'. Then what you get
is that the maradns package only gives you the authoritative server. The
maradns-deadwood will give you the recursive server but you have to do
all the configuration itself.

	To get the 2.x backwards compatible with 1.4.x cannot be done without
asking the user about IP addresses. So the debconf system needs to be
brought in. Even if I go for the really cheap option of usuing ucf I
need to devote soem time to my other DEbian packages and other work.

	I will of course be picking up 2.0.05 shortly.

--
Nicholas Bamber | http://www.periapt.co.uk/
PGP key 3BFFE73C from pgp.mit.edu