[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS2 and FreeBSD

Nicholas Bamber nicholas at periapt.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 04:45:28 EST 2012

Ooh that's me! I have to make  a big disclaimer. I am the Debian
mainrainer for maradns. Obviously Debian is primarily known for being
built around a linux kernel. But it also supports freebsd and hurd
kernels. Maradns has always built perfectly well on Debian FreeBSD. So
when Sam dropped the FreeBSD makefile from te 2.0.x series I had to
recinstruct it somhow. However as we have a few and gowing number of
patches on the makefiles and what with the deadwood changes this was not
a simple matter of copying the file to Sam. Furthermore in working on
2.0.x I spotted some mistakes at least from my perspective. So
altogether I would feel relieved if you FreeBSD guys would treat that
makefile with due suspicion.

Since I mentioned hurd, I only recently got maradns to compile on that
platform but it only requied a very small patch and the normal linux
makefile works for hurd:

http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/maradns/2.0.05-1/hurd.patch

--
Nicholas Bamber | http://www.periapt.co.uk/