[MaraDNS list] Deadwood 3.2.02 released

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 03:41:38 EST 2012

Now that I have gotten a raise at work, there are a few things that
will change with MaraDNS:

* I will not have annoying funding drives for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, I got some pocket change from those drives, but my day job is
keeping me busy enough these days.

* I will only fix critical and security bugs for MaraDNS; I will
probably only check my MaraDNS email once a month or so.  If you have
found a critical security hole in MaraDNS, please go to
http://samiam.org/mailme.php and let me know about it.

* I finally got a Flattr account; since I am no longer seeking big
donations, getting pocket change from Flattr users makes sense.  My
Flattr page is here:
http://flattr.com/thing/543259/MaraDNS-a-tiny-security-aware-DNS-server
; I also have a Flattr link near the bottom on http://maradns.org.
Let's see how long it will take before the first Flattr user decides
they like MaraDNS.

* I have placed non-intrusive text ads on MaraDNS.org again.  It's not
a lot of money, but it covers hosting expenses should the page ever
become viral.

Since it will (hopefully) be a while before another Deadwood release,
I have released Deadwood 3.0.02 today.  Should everything go well, I
will not need to make another Deadwood release until February 29 rolls
around again.  :)

It can be downloaded here:

    http://www.maradns.org/deadwood/stable/

A changelog is here:

    http://www.maradns.org/deadwood/doc/CHANGELOG

I plan on updating the version of Deadwood bundled with MaraDNS to be
3.2.02 sometime next month. This will be my last work on MaraDNS for a
while, barring a critical and/or security bug being found.