[MaraDNS list] TTL is not aging after a big jump in system time.

Srinivas Hebbar sshebbar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 08:01:00 EST 2012

Hello,

TTL get stuck at anywhere between 1 to 60 (The original A record TTL is 60)
and until I restart the Deadwood, the record will stay in that state.

This can be consistently reproduced by the following method.

1) Set the system time way back. (My box resets it to Jan 1, 1970).
2) dig test.testing.tindip.com

3) Now set the system time to current date. (Jan 6, 2012).
4) dig test.testing.tindip.com The TTL is stuck at some number and
    the record never expires.

I don't think this is an short TTL issue. Basically, Deadwood is
getting confused when a large step in system time. I haven't tested the
date going backwards yet.

Only the records which was queried prior to date change is affected.
All new name lookups are working fine after the date change.

Thank you,
Srinivasa Hebbar.