[MaraDNS list] horde of midge questions

Nicholas Bamber nicholas at periapt.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 15:31:16 EST 2012

On 05/01/12 16:04, Sam Trenholme wrote:
>>        First of all you had concerns about running the logger in a chroot. I
>> am fairly sure this is not a problem in Debian and I did not want to
>> deal with it at the time. However I am lacking the specific experience
>> needed to reproduce any such problem. Do you have any pointers?
>
> It doesn't work in, as I recall, CentOS version 5.

Is there any chance for some more detail.  Was it reproducible? Was it
just the first message, or a random message. What version of syslog or
equivalent does CentOS use?

>>        It would be nice if you could settle down and stop having the deadwood
>> directory with a version number. It creates a little bit of extra work.
>
> The reason I do that is to make it easier to know which version of
> Deadwood is bundled with a given MaraDNS release.

Any chance this is going to settle down or is it here to stay?

--
Nicholas Bamber | http://www.periapt.co.uk/
PGP key 3BFFE73C from pgp.mit.edu