[MaraDNS list] TTL is not aging after a big jump in system time.

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Mon Jan 9 00:36:17 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 10:25:40AM +0530, Srinivas wrote in
<CAAVOeccPzA4oSPGd-phPHV84G7f1ftrjpNZZTahD4TyLdXe9Dg at mail.gmail.com>:
>Thank you. My system doens't have RTC. Hence it used to start at 1970.
>After initialising the time to start from 2010Jan1, everything works fine.

Hi Hebbar,

As a work around, you may want to either put in a new battery in your
system (hard to imagine a system without a built in clock these days), or
first set time with chrony or ntp right after starting networking on your
system and before bringing up maradns and other network daemons.

Kind regards,

Remco