[MaraDNS list] Multiple issues in JsStrOS.c

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Sun Jun 3 14:45:08 EDT 2012

On 06/03/2012 12:39 AM, Sam Trenholme wrote:
>> Thank you Sam. Because the hostility is felt by everyone on this list
>> and it doesn't feel very good either.
>
> I also apologize for the hostility I had on the list half a year ago
> during what will probably be my final ever MaraDNS funding drive.
> That funding drive helped me at a time when money was really tight; I
> think everyone for their contributions.

Hi Sam :)

You're not the only one here (I can't speak for anyone but myself on
this point) that has been strapped, stressed, and and lashed out in
frustration, only later to wonder how [I] could gracefully recover from
a moment of indiscretion.

I completely understand, and should mention that when I made my most
recent little contrib, I did it on the down-low and you took it upon
yourself to thank me for it publicly on the list. It took a lot of guts
to to that after I flamed you, and never responded because the contrib
wasn't for any particular feature (although you thought you might be
able to apply it toward split horizon) - it was just for you, for having
selflessly developed something and offered it to the commmunity that is
in so many ways superior to the vixie-warez alternative :)

Having said that, I think it is only appropriate for me to apologize for
flaming you so many months ago when you were feeling the economic burn
yourself.

You're a talented and quite appreciated developer Sam, a valued member
of the open source and DNS communities among others, and I too apologize
for my vitriolic lashing back then :)

No one faults you for contributing your time only when you can budget it
in, or even not at all if that is to be the case (although that would
indeed be unfortunate).

I should also thank you for having my PacificRoot servers as one of the
optional standard configuration options for root servers (in at least
the default debian package) way back before ICANN gobbled up and created
a competing .BIZ with the original. It didn't go unnoticed :)

I wish you all the best and sincerely hope you never find yourself in a
position where you have to entertain the notion of having to hire
bernstein to do ANY development for you LOL (April fools eh?)!

Kindest regards,

- --
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services