[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS 1 end-of-life: June 21, 2015

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 16:50:51 EDT 2012

MaraDNS 1 end-of-life: June 21, 2015

Ten years ago today, I released MaraDNS 1.0. All things have a
beginning and an end. Today, I am announcing the end of life for
MaraDNS 1.

Support for MaraDNS 1 will end three years from today, on June 21,
2015. To clarify for people who do not regularly read the MaraDNS blog
or mailing list: MaraDNS 1 has only been supported for critical
security bug fixes as of the beginning of this year.

People are encouraged to upgrade from MaraDNS 1 to MaraDNS 2. I
understand that MaraDNS 2 does not support every single configuration
MaraDNS 1 supports. My plan was originally to have MaraDNS 2 be more
compatible with MaraDNS 1, and come out with a MaraDNS 3 release that
would have been completely compatible but then open source economics
kicked in and I realized I could no longer do professional quality
software development "for fun and for free".

Work plans for June

Things are really busy with my day job right now. I hope to be able to
put aside a little time for MaraDNS baby sitting this weekend,
including addressing emails sent to the list earlier this month.