[MaraDNS list] New MaraDNS donation links

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 11:25:43 EST 2012

In this posting, I discuss the new links for making MaraDNS donations.

== Adios PayPal ==

PayPal is not the most friendly company for processing donations for
open-source projects. Ever since the Diaspora PayPal incident and the
Regretsy PayPal incident,  I  have been looking for a viable PayPal
alternative. I have now found one.

== Hola WePay ==

My good friend Sean Lynch pointed me to WePay. I am now using WePay
for accepting donations for MaraDNS. Donations are completely
voluntary and I currently do not sell extended technical support or
any other MaraDNS-related services.

If you find MaraDNS useful, please make a $25 MaraDNS donation at WePay:

  https://www.wepay.com/donations/198134

People who are interested in signing up for WePay for their own
open-source or other project can register here:

  https://www.wepay.com/x1hqecu

Disclaimer: This second link is an affiliate link. I encourage people
who are using MaraDNS and want to collect payments for any reason to
use this link to help support MaraDNS maintenance.

== If you would prefer to make a smaller donation ==

Students, teachers, retired and other people on fixed incomes, or
plain old cheapskates who do not want to make a $25 WePay donation can
make a Flattr donation instead. Yes, I would prefer a WePay donation.
But I have also opened up a Flattr account so that more people can
donate, irregardless [1] of their income.

== All donations are optional ==

Since MaraDNS  is an open-source project, all donations are of course
optional. However, donations are the best way for MaraDNS users to
show their appreciation for all of the hard work I have done making
and the work I continue to do maintaining MaraDNS.

- Sam

[1] "Irregardless" is a word because I say it's a word.