[MaraDNS list] How to get MaraDNS and Deadwood to talk to each other?

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 17:52:22 EST 2012

> Deadwood will report back that the lookup is non-authoritative, which is
> correct, but since it asked MaraDNS for the query, can't it speak "on behalf
> of"?

The following patch will set the "AA" bit for all of Deadwood's replies:

http://maradns.org/deadwood/patches/deadwood-3.2.02-kumba.patch

It is non-trivial to have Deadwood set the AA bit for some replies and
have the AA bit cleared for other replies.  I'm also not really in an
economic position to make something like this a user-settable flag.

Thank you for your understanding,