[MaraDNS list] How to get MaraDNS and Deadwood to talk to each other?

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 00:07:46 EST 2012

> I also seemed to have stumbled on an IPv6 bug with Deadwood, in that it does
> not bind to Unique Local Addresses (Defined by IANA as fc00::/7, but only
> fd00::/8 is currently in use by the RFC specification).

Works for me.

Look at this script:

http://maradns.org/deadwood/browse-source/stable/sqa/basic_ipv6_test/do.test

This is a SQA regression that I run before making a Deadwood release;
if this regression fails, I don't make a Deadwood release until the
regression passes again.  This test passes both on "bare metal" and in
a OpenVZ virtual container.

For people who can't or won't read the shell script, the test has
Deadwood bind to fd4d:6172:6144:4e53::1 and use this IP without
problem.

> Going to run gdb/ddd on it to trace where/why, just to eliminate the issue
> being something with my virtual machine's configuration.  Seems so far to
> point at do_bind() in DwSocket.c not getting something back that it likes.

Let us know what your solution to the problem is.  Keep in mind that
IPv6 is horribly broken in Linux in a number of ways.