[MaraDNS list] New MaraDNS testing release

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 03:33:24 EDT 2013

A few days ago, I fixed a bug in Deadwood; a very rare DNS packet
would cause a name to not resolve:

    http://samiam.org/blog/20130713.html

I have now made a formal testing release with the seven-line patch to
fix this bug, MaraDNS-2.0.07c (Deadwood 3.2.03c):

    http://maradns.org/download/2.0/snap/

    http://maradns.org/deadwood/snap/

This will probably become the stable MaraDNS/Deadwood release in
September or October.

While not a critical security bug, I consider name resolution bugs in
Deadwood important, and may do out-of-band updates to fix them.
Otherwise, I plan to work on MaraDNS/Deadwood again one day in a
couple of months unless a critical security bug with a CVE number is
found.