[MaraDNS list] Fwd: MaraDNS doesn't respond to queries from the bind addr subnet

Dave Owens dave at teamunify.com
Wed Jun 5 12:50:32 EDT 2013

Hi Sam and list members,

I have a mararc.base like this:

ipv4_bind_addresses = "192.168.50.250"
synth_soa_origin = "ns1.teamunify.net"
maradns_uid = 65500
maradns_gid = 65500
chroot_dir = "/etc/maradns"
default_rrany_set = 15
verbose_level = 2
hide_disclaimer = "yes"
tcp_convert_acl = "0.0.0.0/0"
tcp_convert_server = "192.168.50.250"
recursive_acl = "192.168.50.0/24, 10.10.0.0/16, 127.0.0.1"
csv2 = {}

I have added a record to the teamunify.com.zone file like this:

topica.%      192.168.50.141 ~

I am able to get the A record returned when I query the server from the
local subnet.  I am not able to get the A record returned when I query the
server remotely.

Logging at verbose_level = 3 shows that MaraDNS does receive the query:
Query from: $PUBLIC_IP Atopica.teamunify.com.
...but there are no errors in the log related to the query.

We have other private IP A records in that zone file, and all can return A
records when queried remotely.  None of the working addresses are in the
192.168.50.0/24 subnet, however.

Dave Owens
TeamUnify, LLC