[MaraDNS list] Fwd: MaraDNS doesn't respond to queries from the bind addr subnet

Dave Owens dave at teamunify.com
Tue Jun 11 15:06:44 EDT 2013

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the reply.

I removed the recursive_acl config.  We don't want to offer recursive DNS
for queries against our NS, so need for Deadwood...

I'm still running up against the problem... rfc1918 addresses within the
server's connected subnets will not resolve, other rfc1918 adresses resolve
with no issue.  The logs show normal 'processing query' message, but no
response is sent... client that sent the query eventually times out.  I'd
be happy to help test this if you'd like.

I plan to work around this such that I will advertise rfc1918 addresses
that MaraDNS *can* resolve for these new hosts.  This turns out to be the
Right Thing with regard to our topology anyway...

Thank you,

Dave Owens
TeamUnify, LLC