[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS update (Happy Summer Solstice 2013)

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 21:43:34 EDT 2013

Happy Summer Solstice everyone!  The long sunny days have inspired me
to make a second MaraDNS update in the same month, even though I am
not getting paid to do so.

I have updated MaraDNS to incorporate a one-line bugfix with Deadwood
(MaraDNS’s recursive resolver) in to the codebase. The name of this
release is MaraDNS 2.0.07b (for more details on the unusual naming
patterns, read the May 23 blog entry at
http://samiam.org/blog/20130523.html )  I actually made this release
in April, but have waited until now to make it the latest release on
Sourceforge and MaraDNS' web page...so it has had two months of
testing.

This will hopefully stop complaints of being unable to resolve some
domain names that occasionally pop up on the mailing list, such as
this complaint:

http://woodlane.webconquest.com/pipermail/list/2013-June/001172.html

It can be downloaded here:

http://www.maradns.org/download.html

While not a hard-and-fast rule, my plan is to work on MaraDNS or
Deadwood again one day in a couple of months unless a critical
security bug with a CVE number is found.