[MaraDNS list] MaraDNS/Deadwood update

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Thu May 23 16:39:22 EDT 2013

I have updated both MaraDNS and Deadwood. Mainly Deadwood.

==SQA tests==

As I mentioned in a previous blog entry, I will, once every few months
do nothing more than make sure all of the tests run fine. That is what
I did this month; both MaraDNS and Deadwood pass all tests.

==A new Deadwood release==

I have been silently updating the version of Deadwood available at
http://maradns.org/deadwood as well as the version bundled with
MaraDNS. Deadwood 3.2.03a is simply Deadwood 3.2.03 with a one-line
bugfix patch which I have been testing for the last three months; no
problems have arisen so I am declaring this patch stable.

Currently the numbering is a little strange:

  * MaraDNS 2.0.07a is MaraDNS 2.0.06 with the one-line Deadwood patch
    applied.
  * MaraDNS 2.0.07b is MaraDNS 2.0.06 with the one-line Deadwood patch,
    as well as having the Windows Deadwood binary stripped (to keep it
    under 65,536 bytes--64k--in size)
  * Deadwood 3.2.03a is Deadwood 3.2.03 with the one-line patch
  * MaraDNS-20130523 is the latest release: It’s MaraDNS 2.0.06 with
    the one-line patch in Deadwood, as well as a copy of the actual
    patch in deadwood-3.2.03a/update. This is the version which passed
    all SQA tests this morning.

If nothing else, in early 2014 I will release MaraDNS 2.0.07 and
Deadwood 3.2.04 with this patch.

MaraDNS-20130523 can be downloaded here:

    http://www.maradns.org/download/2.0/snap/

Deadwood 3.2.03a is here:

    http://maradns.org/deadwood/stable/

I plan to work on MaraDNS/Deadwood again one day in a couple of months
unless a critical security bug with a CVE number is found.