Support MaraDNS or listen to my music
What is MaraDNS?MaraDNS is a free open-source computer program written by Sam Trenholme.
MaraDNS implements the Domain Name System (DNS), an essential internet service. MaraDNS is open source software: This means that anyone is free to download, use, and modify the program free of charge, as per its license.
People like MaraDNS because it’s small, lightweight, easy to set up, and remarkably secure. It’s also cross platform — the program runs both in Windows and in UNIX clones.
More information describing MaraDNS is on the overview and summary page.
Current statusThe most recent stable version of MaraDNS is MaraDNS 3.5.0036, made on May 2, 2023.
Development of MaraDNS is now done in Git; the up to date Git tree is available for checkout at Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, Codeberg, and Sourcehut. Please file all bug reports at Github, using the discussions tab.
SupportGitHub hosts the MaraDNS support forum. Click (or tap) here to access MaraDNS support; be sure to have a GitHub account.
Mailing list archivesThere used to be a mailing list which provided MaraDNS support and updates. This mailing list is no longer active, but archives are available:
- 2007-2019 archives
- Third party archive (2002-2018)
- I have archives from 2001 in two files: 2001 archive #1 and 2001 archive #2
Sub-projectsMaraDNS has some other daughter projects which are part of the overall MaraDNS toolchain.
- lunacy is MaraDNS’s scripting language for the scripts that make plain text and *ROFF man pages of MaraDNS’s documentation, run tests, and power coLunacyDNS. It’s a fork of Lua 5.1.
- maramake is a implementation of make that ensures MaraDNS can compile with a (mostly) POSIX201X compliant implementation of Make.
- HalfSipTest is a fork of the code which generates official HalfSipHash test vectors used to make HalfSipHash1-3 test vectors for MaraDNS.
Other DNS serversHere is a list of some other DNS software out there.