maximum memory allocation

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Mon Jun 16 06:17:58 EDT 2008

Op 16 jun 2008, om 09:03 heeft Sven Wurth het volgende geschreven:

> my question is about the "maximum memory allocation",
> how can I modify this ?

Hi Sven,

You can change this value in the mararc file.

 From http://www.maradns.org/tutorial/man.mararc.html comes the
following:

max_mem
max_mem is the maximum amount of memory we allow MaraDNS to allocate,
in bytes.
The default value of this is to allocate 1 megabyte for MaraDNS'
general use, and in addition, to allocate 1536 bytes for each element
we can have in the cache or DNS record that we are authoritatively
serving.

To set it to two MB, you'd put a line like the following in your
mararc file:

max_mem = 2097152

Kind regards,

Remco Rijnders