MaraDNS 1.4.04 released

Sebastian Müller spamcatch-maradns.org at messageme.de
Wed Aug 4 06:01:28 EDT 2010

Am 03.08.2010 20:51, schrieb Sebastian Müller:
> Am 03.08.2010 18:31, schrieb Sam Trenholme:
>>> Oops. Avira reports BDS/Backdoor.Gen in link
>>>
>>> http://maradns.org/download/1.4/1.4.04/maradns-1-4-04-win32.zip
>>>
>>> Should I ignore it?
>>
>> It’s a false positive.
>>
>> http://maradns.org/faq.html#virus
>>
>> My personal theory is that some cheezy anti-viruses get upset by
>> Deadwood.exe because it is a GCC-compiled Windows service, since some
>> trojans are, in fact, GCC-compiled Windows services.
>
> Hi Sam,
>
> I am using Avira, too. Avira is known to have many false positives.
>
> Nevertheless I contacted Avira about that false positive.
> Let's see when and how they answer.

Avira answered few minutes ago,

Avira Lab Response - Tracking number 573252

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
To:     xxx
Subject:     Avira Lab Response - Tracking number 573252
Date:     Wed, 4 Aug 2010 11:46:14 +0200
From:     Avira Virus Lab Response Team <noreply at avira.com>

A listing of files alongside their results can be found below:
File ID      Filename     Size (Byte)     Result
25834008      Deadwood.exe      61.5 KB      FALSE POSITIVE

Please find a detailed report concerning each individual sample below:
 Filename     Result
 Deadwood.exe      FALSE POSITIVE

The file 'Deadwood.exe' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. Dies
bedeutet, dass diese Datei nicht gefährlich und eine Fehlmeldung
unsererseits ist. Detection will be removed from our virus definition
file (VDF) with one of the next updates.