[MaraDNS list] Config file parser bug

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:57:37 EDT 2012

> just another config parser bug in 1.4.03-1.1 (as it comes with Debian
> Squeeze) that I ran into today: if a list is supposed to be comma
> separated, forgetting the comma causes the rest to be silently ignored.
> This was what broke my config:
> | ipv4_bind_addresses = "127.0.0.1 188.40.77.81, 172.16.42.129"
> The result was the NS only listening on localhost.
>
> Haven't looked at the source yet but maybe someone who is familiar with
> it already will find it easy to fix.

If someone comes up with a fix, please post a patch to the mailing
list and CC my email address with the patch (since the list sometimes
scrubs attachments).  I will not update MaraDNS 1 (MaraDNS 1 is *only*
updated with security updates, see
http://samiam.org/blog/20120101.html ) but would update MaraDNS 2 if
someone else supplies the patch and I feel it's a good patch.

Matthias: This issue is not critical enough for me to fix myself, but
everyone on this list has access to the source and hopefully someone
will make a fix.

Unless a critical security issue is found with MaraDNS, this will be
my last posting to the list until late May.