[MaraDNS list] Fwd: MaraDNS doesn't respond to queries from the bind addr subnet

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 22:04:58 EDT 2013

> I am able to get the A record returned when I query the server from the
> local subnet.  I am not able to get the A record returned when I query the
> server remotely.

If you run Wireshark or another network analyzer against the server
running MaraDNS, do you see the DNS packet which doesn’t get a reply
hit the MaraDNS server?

Do you see MaraDNS sending a reply to the DNS packet?

I have a sense this issue isn't with Mara; but Wireshark will help us
confirm things.  DNS replies with RFC1918 addresses in them are
considered a bad thing, so there could very well be a firewall
dropping the packets.

http://wireshark.org/