MaraDNS and NAPTR support

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 14:20:42 EDT 2007

> I'm not really looking for any version to support it, I just re-evaluate
> our options from time to time to see if there is a better option out there.

Well, I have added untested code to the "HEAD" branch of MaraDNS to
add NAPTR support.  This code has not been tested and can very well be
(currently) 100% broken.  See the MaraDNS blog for details on getting
this version of MaraDNS.

> One last thing, at the moment we use rsync over SSL for zone transfers
> etc, because as far as we know there is no option in any DNS server to
> do secure IXFRs or AXFRs. Any thoughts on this?

Yes.  Use rsync over ssh.  :)

Seriously, right now I my plan is to rewrite the recursive code to
work better on systems which don't like having a zillion threads: A
project I call the "deadwood" project.  We can talk about me adding
features once that code is underway.

Or, you can send me patches and I will integrate them in the "HEAD"
branch of MaraDNS.  This is what Mr. Sarto is doing; as a consequence
MaraDNS is getting better ipv6 support.