Different DNS replies depending on IP block

Ken Lyons - Graphix Wizard/Data-Forms KenL at GraphixWizard.com
Fri Aug 22 06:27:59 EDT 2008

I'm not an expert on Mara, but have been using on several clusters for
many years.
As far as I know, what your asking is not built-in to mara.

To achieve your goal, the only work-around I could do is...
Run several MARA servers on the same system, each bound to a different port.
Using IPtables setup rules based on the Source Address.
so  port 53 (ips   11.x.x.x/8 - 99.x.x.x/8) forward to  maraserver 1 at
port  1001
so  port 53 (ips   100.x.x.x/8 - 199.x.x.x/8) forward to  maraserver 2
at port  1002
so  port 53 (ips   200.x.x.x/8 - 254.x.x.x/8) forward to  maraserver 3
at port  1003

so, to the client you have a single IP... but using IPTABLES / your
firewall, you can control which
dns server responds,  each having a different answer.

I don't know if this is the 'Best' way to do it, but  that is what I
would do to achieve your goal.
I'm sure someone else on the list might have other ideas.

Ken Lyons