I'm providing a mirror of Deadwood OpenWRT files

Sebastian Müller spamcatch-maradns.org at messageme.de
Wed Sep 22 09:53:50 EDT 2010

Am 21.09.2010 22:20, schrieb Sam Trenholme:
> Sebastian: I note that the ARM v5t CPU does have ARM Thumb support.
> It looks like there isn’t a "-mthumb" options in the compile flags for
> Deadwood ARM, and the GCC manual for the ARM processor notes that “The
> default is to use the 32-bit ARM instruction set.”.  Right now the ARM
> binary is 73772 bytes in size—only 15% larger than the x86_32
> binary—and we may be able to make is as small as or smaller than the
> x86_32 binary by enabling Thumb instructions.
>
> - Sam

Hi Sam,

I talked to the OpenWRT Devs at IRC a before I made the binaries. They
suggested me to set as few compile options as possible to guarantee that
it is working on all CPU's. Thats why I removed all -m instructions I
made before and left only -Os. I am not very firm with ARM CPU's and
don't know the differences between ARMv5t and ARMv5te, but of course I
can recompile the binary with -mthumb if you want.

Cheers,
Sebastian