[MaraDNS list] How to get MaraDNS and Deadwood to talk to each other?

Sam Trenholme maradns at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 00:22:58 EST 2012

> This is a SQA regression that I run before making a Deadwood release;
> if this regression fails, I don't make a Deadwood release until the
> regression passes again.  This test passes both on "bare metal" and in
> a OpenVZ virtual container.

Note to self:  This regression is actually broken.  While, if properly
compiled, both MaraDNS and Deadwood can bind to and use IPv6 addresses
like fd4d:6172:6144:4e53::1 and fd4d:6172:6144:4e53::2, the SQA
regression no longer correctly tests for this.

MaraDNS needs to be compiled with special flags to use IPv6 and this
SQA test was never correctly updated to use MaraDNS 2's new IPv6
compile-time flags.

I should fix the IPv6 regressions one of these years.  I'm in no real
hurry to do so.