resolving debian.ens-cachan.fr

Duane duane at e164.org
Sat Sep 22 23:16:52 EDT 2007

Sam Trenholme wrote:
>>   Never mind, it would seem that the latest security updates of glibc
>> magically fixed this too.
>
> OK, I apologize for being so rude last Thursday.  I was a little
> overwhelmed and ended up acting a little short.
>
> Here is my survival guide for Debian users:

Another option might be to copy the debian directory from debian/ubuntu
packages and then all anyone has to do is:

apt-get install devscripts build-essential fakeroot
wget http://www.maradns.org/download/1.2/1.2.12.08/maradns-1.2.12.08.tar.bz2
tar xzvf maradns-1.2.12.08.tar.bz2
cd maradns-1.2.12.08
debuild -us -uc
dpkg -i ../maradns-1.2.12.08-1_i386.deb (package name will vary based on
arch etc)

and that's it, or if you wanted to be super nice you could run a mini
deb archive to host/link to the source and you can just apt-get source
maradns ;)

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://www.freeauth.org - Enterprise Two Factor Authentication
http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."