[MaraDNS list] Discussion: Putting ads on the MaraDNS web page

Nicholas Bamber nicholas at periapt.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 06:42:47 EDT 2011

I have no objection to ads on the website though I am sue Sam will
appreciate some ads are more irritating than others.

As I expect it to be several months before Debian is on Deadwood I don't
expect Debian to be high on Sam's prioity list, and in any case I expect
to put some effort into solving Debian specific issues myself before
raising them with Sam. However for the record:
1.) I have a patch making all the functionality in duende configurable
on the command line. Some of these options are useful for making
duende/maradns fit better into Debian. Some are good for rebranding
duende as a potentially generic tool.
2.) I have an issue with ej2man. The man pages generated fail to pass
Debian's quality checks. Again I am expecting to come up with my own
patches for this.
3.) maradns fails to build on Hurd as shown here:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=maradns&arch=hurd-i386&ver=1.4.06-2&stamp=1307522160
. Unfortunately this is somewhat normal for Hurd and this is VERY low on
my priority list.

--
Nicholas Bamber | http://www.periapt.co.uk/
PGP key 3BFFE73C from pgp.mit.edu