[MaraDNS list] How to get MaraDNS and Deadwood to talk to each other?

Joshua Kinard kumba at gentoo.org
Sat Mar 3 20:01:49 EST 2012

On 03/03/2012 17:52, Sam Trenholme wrote:

>> Deadwood will report back that the lookup is non-authoritative, which is
>> correct, but since it asked MaraDNS for the query, can't it speak "on behalf
>> of"?
>
> The following patch will set the "AA" bit for all of Deadwood's replies:
>
> http://maradns.org/deadwood/patches/deadwood-3.2.02-kumba.patch
>
> It is non-trivial to have Deadwood set the AA bit for some replies and
> have the AA bit cleared for other replies.  I'm also not really in an
> economic position to make something like this a user-settable flag.
>
> Thank you for your understanding,

Thanks, I'll experiment with this.

I also seemed to have stumbled on an IPv6 bug with Deadwood, in that it does
not bind to Unique Local Addresses (Defined by IANA as fc00::/7, but only
fd00::/8 is currently in use by the RFC specification).

Going to run gdb/ddd on it to trace where/why, just to eliminate the issue
being something with my virtual machine's configuration.  Seems so far to
point at do_bind() in DwSocket.c not getting something back that it likes.

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS
kumba at gentoo.org
4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And
our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic